Friday, April 07, 2006

Currently...

reading - 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini. A very beautiful, moving story of two friends set against the backdrop of Afganisthan, mid 70s upto 9/11. More info at http://www.khaledhosseini.com/

watching - Season 10 of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. My favourite episodes? The One with Ross's Tan, The one where Amy babysits Ella...oops I mean Emma and the one with Phoebe's wedding.

Law & Order - The Premier year. Pleasure to watch BIG (Chris Noth) from Sex and the City in this mindblowing cop and lawyer drama series. Can't wait to lay my hands on the spin off - Law & Order SVU (Special Victims Unit).

Also watched for the second time - Salaam Namaste and Kal Ho Na Ho. Goes to show how badly I need to go to Frankfurt for the next set of hindi DVDs. Would like to watch 'Water', 'Taxi Driver 9 2 11' and 'Maalamal'

listening to - The soundtrack of the new film 'Ankahee'. It has some soulful tunes that sort of grow on you. Reminded me of the soundtrack of 'Saaya'. 'Ankahee' is supposed to be based on the Sushmita Sen - Vikram Bhatt love story. That Sen has disapproved of this film made on her private life only makes it more interesting.

still listening to - Zinda..what a mindblowing, amazing album. The double CD pack comes with lounge and club versions. Have to say I prefer the Lounge one, especially for the title song by Strings (I lovva lovva them)

visited - Had been on a weekend trip to Amsterdam with hubby and buddys. Didn't see no Tulips. Didn't see no lap dances and didn't do no dope (I am a good girl ;-)). But I did see the Anne Frank Museum. And I enjoyed it (not the right word, given the theme of the museum, but can't think of a relpacement right now) despite not having read the book.

eating - Thai, Thai and more Thai food. I say, bring on the Khai Phods and Phad Thais!

drinking - champagne a few hours back, was a farewell party thrown for a colleague who is leaving

Trivia: This year is Rembrant's 400th B'Day.

3 comments:

Smita said...

Ok this blog actually shows that u only blogged because I bugged you...But I love it all the same:D:D:D....

Will read Kite Runner soon......Don't write review till then...pls pls....

I looove the tan episode too......And you hahve lots of dvs coming ur way...desi and angrezi...So that should give you something to do for some time:):)......

Ankahee is good.....Have you listened to Gangster??? Another Himesh Reshammiya one but one of the songs is good......

Sigh!!! When I come visit we'll goto Amsterdam again and we will have a more fun trip...trust me;)

I made bruchetta yesterday....Will put up its recipe soon...Pretty simle to make....Take a break from Thai food....


I have been drinking lot of Green tea coz its supposed to help you lose weight...:D:D:D And I need to lose some soon.....:D:D:D

Have a good day!!!

Dabbu

Smita said...

when ru updating????

Smita said...

pls blog sooooooooooon