Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Julie Andrews delightfully sang about her favorite things...So I thought, why shouldn't I?
Actually, I shouldn't sing it, because I don't have a song which lists my favorite things. Instead, I have the next best thing: a compiled list of things that are absolute favorites...
1) Being able to sleep till 9:00 AM everyday, and on some lucky days, also getting breakfast in bed. Sigh..The marvels of holy matrimony!
2) Being able to laugh at Joey's or Chandler's pranks, no matter how many repeats you have seen of F.R.I.E.N.D.S
3) Walking down M G Road on a Sunday afternoon, with Bangalore's trademark: awesome weather... Stopping at Lakeview for a French Toast, or at Coffee House for scrambled eggs.
4) Internet access at home, to check official mails (even if there is no need, just the fact that I CAN, gives me pleasure), and wish loved ones who are miles away, just by a few button clicks.
5) Being able to just stay at home on a holiday, read a book (Mary Higgins Clark thriller/Agatha Christie Mystery/Latest Potter), with no interruptions whatsoever.
6) Unlimited access to millions of memories made easy by just looking at old photo albums, whenever a trip down memory lane is indicated.
7) Being able to just call up special friends and gossip away about the latest soaps, the newest hairstyles, somebody else's hottest fling, not necessarily in that order!
8) Being able to send flowers, gifts, even a Rakhi via online shopping, although it can never replace the charm of a hand written letter.
9) Being able to watch the scariest horror film ever, with the safety net that I won't be home alone at night (didn't I say being married was awesome!)
10) And last, but not the least, having the free time to actually sit and pen down these thoughts!
...when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I am feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad...!!