Thursday, February 16, 2006

What to write...?

I have been meaning to write something for a while now. I just can't seem to decide what to write about. At first I thought I'll write about my sister's wedding that happened early this month. I could write about all the fun I had, shopping for clothes and jewellery, eating yummy food, and gossiping with my folks (and giving others a chance to gossip about me...after all, weddings are primarily for showing off your sarees and gold, AND gossiping!).
I soon got weary of remembering all the details. Then I thought about Rang de Basanti, the latest Aamir Khan film that I had enjoyed only last week. Aamir's character in the film reminded me of an old college friend who never wanted to stop being a student. Everytime I met him after I passed out of college, I felt that time had stopped moving on. Although Aamir is 40, he looked quite ok as the 30 something guy whoz still in college. And the music....it was haunting and sweet and tugged at my heart. Especially 'Tu bin bataye..' and 'Lukka Chippi'. But I think the title song is the best, full of energy and very young. I found the ending of the story exaggerated, but the message came across. Not sure how much of an awakening it will lead to, but Rakesh Mehra proved that he can do much better than 'Aks'.
Here's something interesting. I landed in Mumbai airport at midnight and I had to while away the time before my connecting flight which was only next morning. At first I was irritated because there was hardly any space to sit down. Every available chair was occupied. Finally we (I was accompanied by my sis) found space on the marble edge of a really desperate landscaping attempt. Seriously, who wants plants inside an airport? After a while, I was almost dozing off, when I felt someone shaking me hard. I opened one eye, and saw JOHN ABRAHAM walking a few feet away. My sister, who had cottoned on to it much before me, skipped across to get his autograph. I was dead-still for a few moments, making sure it was not a dream. And then I walked over, shook his hand, and told him 'Hi John, its great to meet you. I am huge fan!' And he gave me the sweetest smile in the whole world, before walking away. He looked exactly as he did on screen, handsome, sexy with a raw magnetic appeal. From the corner of my eye, I saw his girlfriend Bipasha walking past him. But I was too excited to really notice her. Sigh....it was wonderful! There was no question of dozing off after that. My eyes and ears were perked up, just in case I met anybody else interesting!

4 comments:

Smita said...

Hi Sweetu nana! I expected it to be a bigger blog but it stopped after you wrote about John Abraham! Hahaha! I guess once your written about the hunk theres nothing left to say;););).....I had a great time at the Mumbai airport with you. I can never forget it and will treasure the whole 10 hours of family time with you forver! :):)

Your loving sister,
Dabbu

Deepali Kulkarni said...

You and your family time...uuuggh!

Deepali Kulkarni said...

Just kidding ;-)

Anonymous said...

Choto,
been trying to contact you as am in
Hamburg. I got a delivery failure when I wrote to ur Id. write to me
@ magjoe@hotmail.com
if you stumble here....

Joe